Jobs available related to Bioinformatics or the workshop
1. Bioinformatics Specialist (Genomic Oncology)
Posted Date: 25 Apr 08
You will be involved in the analysis and curation of genome-wide cancer information related to cancer, ranging from genotypes, copy number analysis, gene expression, and epigenetics. You will be expected to perform informatics-intensive research on the data and is expected to provide statistical and bioinformatic support to ongoing wet-bench laboratory projects.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 2 years of working experience with genomic data analysis, including sequence analysis, microarray analysis, bioinformatic database creation, and mathematical modeling
- Those with programming knowledge (C/C++, Perl, Java, etc.) and working knowledge of a standard statistical analysis package (MATLAB, R, SAS, etc) will be preferred
- Able to work independently
- Good time-management and communication skills
For more information on the Laboratory of Genomic Oncology,
2. Bioinformatics Teaching Assistant
Posted: 5 June 2008
The Life Science Modules of the National University of Singapore
includes several bioinformatics modules such as LSM2104 Essential
Bioinformatics and Biocomputing (year 2 undergraduate)
and LSM3241 Bioinformatics and
Biocomputing (year 3 undergraduate).
Each year, nearly 500 students take these modules. To manage this
scale of operations, we hire Teaching Assistants who are well
versed in bioinformatics, molecular biology and computational
biology to participate in the teaching.
TAs are heavily involved in teaching undergraduate students
in terms of managing the lectures, handling tutorials,
running practicals, scheduling tests and exams, supervising
If you are a self-motivated bioinformatics person with
a love for teaching others how to do bioinformatics, and
with a passion for bioinformatics research and education,
please send your CV to email@example.com immediately.
We will arrange for an online interview by skype and
a visit to our labs. You will be expected to participate
in team teaching as part of our group. You are also expected
as a TA to seriously consider taking up a higher degree
e.g. PhD in Bioinformatics.
Examples of how challenging and fun it is to teach our
NUS students may be seen at our websites: